3.04.2006

the favourite game

I've always disliked those games where you had to list favourites because I like brown just as much as I like pink. Some days I would do nearly anything for dark chocolate and other times I want grapes so damn bad. I think the last time I had clear favourites that lasted more than several hours, days or even months was when I was twelve.

I have plenty of things I am currently enjoying like the band "Camera Obscura." I've been eating lots of cheese combined with various fruits (apple is the top choice). I'm digging this new lip gloss that I really should have bought in LA but just got it two days ago. And finally, I'm really enjoying my friendships down here. Laughing is a good cure for any sort of blues.

8 comments:

mskaz said...

Pink. No question.

I don't have many favourites either. There are things I like a lot more than others, but I'm not sure I could pick a clear favourite for most things.

I did run into one of my favourite of all time friends last night at the hockey game. Ed and I hadn't seen each other in months, so it was great to run into him and catch up. It reminded me of one of your posts from earlier this week about friendships and connections with people you love. So I am going to work harder at keeping in touch with friends I don't see as often.

The other day Avery asked me which of my kids was my favourite and I had to laugh. I remember growing up and thinking that Jim was mom and dad's favourite and now looking back I see how crazy that was. I'm not sure how I missed it, as I am obviously the favourite of their six kids.

When I told Avery they were all my favourites she laughed too and said, "oh yah, I know it's me!" Hahah. She is her mother's daughter.

aisy said...

don't you love random run-ins with your favourites??? avery is such a crack up.

Joy said...

I've always struggled with this. Favorite color? I have five. Fave Ice cream flavor? at least 3 or 4
Fave band? Depends on the day.
Fave book? good question.

But I do know my fave celeb and baseball team. On those two, I've already decided.

aisy said...

by the way ruby, if i lived near you, i so would have been down for the wilco roadtrip.

Joy said...

Ah, I wish we lived closer to each other.

David said...

aislinn, your last sentence reminds me of one of my favorite "deep thoughts."

"my father always said that laughter was the best medicine... i guess that's why we all died of tuberculosis."

aisy said...

isn't distance always a pain???

i love jack handy quotes. mine is "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad."

mskaz said...

Probably because I have always hated math, this was my favourite Jack Handy quote:

Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?