3.22.2006

pen and paper please

Dearest Rhett,

Imagine my luck to discover both of us eating at the same restaurant last night! Your presence was really distracting and I found it difficult to engage in dinner conversation. Would you have thought it strange if I had grabbed your arm as you passed by my table and said "I can't wait to hear you sing live!" Seeing as I've been accosted by a musician, I thought it best not to accost one. Your newest picture on your website makes you look a little too girly. You are much more attractive and manly in person, although a tad short. I'll admit that I have a weakness for musicians, so their hotness is automatically increased by their profession. But Mr. Miller, my jaw would drop even if you didn't sing or play the guitar.

Anyway, I thought the change of shirt for the performance was a good choice. That ugly blue sweater you had on at the restaurant was very early 90s. I didn't know you wore glasses, which were pretty cool. I can see why you took them off to perform... who knew you moved around so much on stage. Speaking of being on stage, you were so damn hot up there. Your voice, as usual, was amazing. I liked the booty shaking moves and how much you swayed your hips. The arm thing you did when you played was cool. Your sex appeal grew even more as your hair got sweaty. I even kinda liked it when I could see the spit fly when you really got in to your singing. The clincher was when you sang "Question" in English and French. I'm a hopeless romantic.

What did you think of the dancing drunk? (click to watch).
He was in the back for most of the gig but wandered up for the encore. He was a riot! So, even though I inhaled plenty of carcinogens, was scared by a coyote and owl on the drive home, and was exhausted all day today, it was well worth it. You're amazing. If that ring ever comes off your finger, maybe you'd consider me your "Four-Eyed Girl".

Your adoring (and not completely crazy) fan,

Aisy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like a man on stage. Oh my. Yo comprendo. I penned a similar letter once, to a Mr. Woomble of Idlewild, trying to understand why his flicking little flecks of Scottish sweat onto me was so attractive.

Joy said...

On myspace (yes, I have a profile and he's on my friend's list) Rhett writes his own messages to his fans....and claims that his blog is him writing, and not a "ghost writer."

I think the photo you are talking about is hot, but then I think Rufus Wainwright is so hot too. What can I say?

aisy said...

i have to say he is most entertaining on stage. he doesn't talk a ton, just enough to feel a part of it. you certainly get the vibe that he LOVES what he is doing. honestly, his voice was amazing live. he's got skills (and did i mention looks??)

and i wish all musicians would do small venues. it makes it so much more magical.

aisy said...

ps-he sang for almost two hours!!!

David said...

aislinn,

please tell me you were eating next to him at denny's. please.

and please tell me that he ordered a "moons over my hammy."

and please tell me that he asked for extra syrup.

that is seriously cool. you have quite the fortuitious knack for meeting/spotting musicians.

i'll always think fondly of our time stalking brendan benson et al up in boulder, giving each other silent nods of acknowledgement and excitement. it sounds like he put on a lovely show as well.

well done.

Hey, It's Ansley said...

I didn't see the ugly early 90s sweater but perhaps he was "all dressed in blue, and remembering you" at the restaurant.

Sounds like a great show.

aisy said...

and the dress i wore when i broke his heart... it was a great show. mmmm

david... it was mexican, and i got the shrimp tacos, and i had guacamole instead of syrup... but it was fabulous. i too always smile when i think of barts, boulder and brendan benson. that was awesome.