3.05.2006

the finale

Just like the over-hype of the Oscars, so to is my final post for happy week. To be quite honest, I am looking forward to a blog hiatus.

The one thing that makes me smile the most in my life is my nieces and nephews. I love children's brutal honesty, along with the crazy things they say or do. We send out daily family emails with updates and such. I would say that at least once in the day there is a gem of a story. I love the pictures of the youngest ones starting to smile and the stories of the oldest ones becoming "big kids." It amazes me how fast they grow and how easily they learn.

In 2004 this guy just about did Parker in. Fast forward to 2005 and she has found her first boyfriend. She was just stringing two to three word sentences together when I left. Now she'll chat your ear off. Children remind me of the delight of experiencing your first... like the smile from their first taste of ice cream, the excitement of their first tinkle on the toilet, or the joy of hearing them say your name for the first time. I can't even remember learning to read but I remember the sweetness I felt from hearing my niece and nephew read me a book. One thing I look forward to on my next visit is their hugs and kisses. In my mind there is nothing better!

5 comments:

mskaz said...

If I do say so myself, that is one cute kid. Her "boyfriend" seems a bit skeevy though.

The kids miss you too. When you come back, Avery will read you a story. She read "Cat Sat on a Mat" to grandma today and was quite proud. It is fun to experience life through the eyes of a child. Most days.

aisy said...

she is soooo cute, that's why i wanted permission to use the photo! i can't (well i can) believe that aves is reading already. "fartie" pants (as parker would say)

ngharker said...

"tinkle... what a rediculous word. i wonder what he calls taking a ploppy?"

(just to be a punk i will bombard your blog with vaguely relevant quotes form 'my name is earl')

Anonymous said...

Depending on the day, more than willing to send nephew(s) or a niece your way for some time with Auntie! I'll keep the littlest angel with me as she can do no wrong...for now! Kids sure are sweet, especially when they are sleeping!

aisy said...

send away anonymous poster living in the eastern states... i love those munchkins