There are several things that irk me in life...
1. Word Verification on blogger. I use it to avoid spammers and it's a great tool. But somewhere in my mind I have a verification blocker. I usually type in the wrong letters at least once every four times. Irritating.
2. Being stuck with a narcissist for an inordinate amount of time with no way out (and I mean no way out). *Shudder
3. Gmail ads. I love my gmail account but I noticed recently that when I'm reading an email, ads run along the side that are related to the content of my email. I feel spied on and I don't like it.
4. Little indie kids that create "mosh pits" to bands that are really more dance oriented like oh, say Franz Ferdinand.
There are several things that I like in life...
1. Ange laying the smack down to said indie kids at the Franz Ferdinand/Death Cab for Cutie concert. Displaying all the attitude a teen could muster they said "It's called moshing" as though old gals like ourselves didn't even know what that was. I wanted to tell them what true moshing was but didn't have the energy. Ange said they could do whatever they wanted, as long as they didn't bump in to her. They talked tough, but never did it again. We sensed our age there.
2. Indie kids leaving after Franz, so we could enjoy Ben Gibbard's musical goodness without the irritation.
3. Spending a week with Lisa on her spring break. (Why didn't I become a teacher?) Zion's national park better be ready for our camping extravaganza.
4. Naps on a Sunday afternoon.
Christmas in Canada
1 year ago